A few days ago, I evicted a nasty-looking huntsman from Husband's car. It had terrified the big one last week when she was getting into the car and saw it on the door seal. I flicked the ugly thing out and asked Husband if he wanted me to squash it. He suggested we leave it to go live in the bushes near our house.
Yesterday morning, Husband and I were awoken by both girls standing next to our bed quietly announcing that there was a 'big scary spider' in the little one's bedroom. I am a very slow morning person so Husband was the first to go and look. His voice came from the other room 'Elie, I should have let you kill the spider from my car.' I went to look and it did look very similar (equally ugly) to the huntsman we had hoped would choose to live outside. It was a good 10cm long from longest leg to longest leg, with a big chunky body in the middle.
While looking for a method to trap the spider, I spotted the vacuum. Now Husband and both girls are almost as jumpy around the vacuum as the cats are. They're all convinced that the spider somehow survived and is plotting its revenge.
How funny! Hahaha! The girls definitely inherited their slight arachnaphobia from their dad. I guess, you're the one to call when it comes to getting rid of unfriendly insects. That's really brave of you, Elie. Anyway, I hope that story will somehow be the last we'll hear of them spiders. Take care! :)
ReplyDeleteAlta Peng @ Liberty Pest
Yikes! I'm sure everyone will be on their toes for a while, if the home is known to slightly be infested by spiders. I do hope that's the last spider you'll ever encounter. Although, I find it adorable that you're the family's heroine when it comes to exterminating pests like spiders. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing that with us, Elie! All the best to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteGreg Day @ Mega Fume